Friday, April 24, 2009

It's A....

We had our ultrasound today at just over 21 weeks and after wavering on whether or not to find out the gender of the baby, we decided to get the info! I am so glad we did...because IT'S A BOY! I really didn't have a strong feeling on the gender but if you made me choose I would have said "boy" because this pregnancy is different than the first time around. I couldn't help but tear up a bit when we found out the news....I was overjoyed! A wave of emotions came over me...we know what it is like to have a baby but have yet to experience a little boy! We of coarse would have been THRILLED either way but are looking forward to the new addition! More important than the gender, our little guy is right on track and healthy. The official due date is September 2. We know this is a blessing and are very thankful. Below are some pictures of our handsome little guy. He is quite laid back compared to his big sister. He kicks occasionally but nothing too dramatic. He lounged as the ultrasound was performed with his legs crossed...only really moving to gently adjust himself or scratch his face. Natalie could barely be still enough for her ultrasound exam and even kicked back as the ultrasound tech tried to examine her! Could we have some personality differences being revealed already?!







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So exciting!! Congrats!

E said...

Oh my goodness Mere! I am SO EXCITED you revealed the sex of your baby!!! So excited!!! And I am so excited you are having a boy too! :) Now, one of each! YAY!! Congrats, congrats! Thank you so much for sharing your exciting news! :)

the ferwerda family said...

Yay!! Will is so excited to have a buddy:) And so glad everything looked great on the ultrasound too!!!

Julie Dupuy said...

Congratulations! Boys are so much fun!

The Palmtag Family said...

So excited for you! Little boys are definitely different than little girls since I have Aubrey to compare to!

the deKorne family said...

Congratulations!

Stephanie Wilson said...

Yeah! baby boy on the way! Congratulations :)

Jayne Shatto said...

So glad that all went well :)...and a BOY :), so much fun!! Congrats!

Kate said...

Congrats! Wonderful news!!!
Meredith, I am curious as to how this pregnancy was 'different' than the last one?? :)