Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Trips

Wes has proved himself again to be superdad! This past Fri-Sun I went to Chicago for a medical conference and Wes had Natalie duty. Not only did he do a great job of taking care of Nat, but he also made a road trip to see his Taylor University buddies in South Bend, Indiana. I was super bummed to miss the reunion but was glad Wes and Natalie were able to go. Thanks to Joel and Ang for hosting and everyone for keeping my two buddies company for the weekend :) I got home and Natalie had already learned new words and -in biggest news- had learned to swim! Ang gave her an awesome swimsuit that helps her float and Natalie learned to jump in the deep end of their pool and go down the pool slide. I witnessed this new little swimmer when I got home Sunday and went to the pool with her. She jumped right into the deep end (floaty suit and and arm floaties on, of coarse) and was able to get herself where she wanted to go in the water. Amazing!! I think it's great...now just have to keep an even closer eye on her...not sure she knows that she can't swim without her magic bathing suit on yet ;) THANK YOU Ang for sending that wonderful invention home with her...she is already using it! Here is a LINK to the Lambert family blog where there are pics of the TU weekend fiesta!

No comments: