Oh yes, and today Wes and I celebrated our SIXth wedding anniversary! I woke up to a beautiful array of roses and had a lovely day with my hubby at the beach!
Friday, July 24, 2009
What a Weekend...
What a weekend! Whew...it all began with a trip to the hospital...yes, the hospital. I was all set to take a day trip to Chicago to visit with Rachel and Mitzi (all the way from Mississippi!!!) but wasn't feeling well the morning I was to leave. I had had a three day headache that didn't seem to respond to anything and was keeping me up at night. Plus I just wasn't feeling well in general. I decided to call my dr the morning I was to go to Chicago just to double check that everything was ok (I am almost 35 weeks along now!). I was thinking thinking that the dr might just say to wait it out or come into the office later that morning...instead she told me to go RIGHT to the hospital for observation! Thankfully my mom was around to pick up Natalie which allowed Wes to go with me. We found our way to the OB observation unit where I was tested and observed....basically to rule out preeclampsia. After an hour or so of observation, labs and blood pressure and baby monitoring everything checked out fine (whew!). They gave me a strong pain medication to try to break the headache cycle and sent me home to rest. Wes was such a help ALL weekend, taking care of Natalie so I could rest up and take care of myself. Happily, I was feeling better by Saturday. At least we know our way around the hospital when the baby decides to arrive! We are so thankful that all was well.
We spent the rest of the weekend at the lake which was wonderful. Natalie's MiMi and Aunt Brooke gave her birthday gifts early and Natalie LOVED them...a new baby doll and accessories (stroller, high chair, rocker chair and crib!). THANK YOU for those amazing gifts. The lake was beautiful and the waves were gigantic which made for some fun swimming dates for Wes and I (thank you MiMi and Brooke for playing with Natalie so we could go!). Today I was slightly embarrassed when a random guy in the water who was observing my body surfing and crazy wave swimming said, "That baby (the one in my belly) is going to either love or hate the water!" I realized that an almost 9 month pregnant woman (me) probably looked ridiculous surfing waves and bouncing all around with a bunch of teenagers in GIANT waves! HA HA. Our baby will LOVE the water...
Oh- and Natalie continues to do GREAT with her swimming! Here she is swimming all by herself with her floaties!
We took lots and lots of pictures this weekend so I wil just attach a slideshow. Suzie also took some family pics (Natalie was not too cooperative...aggh) so I will post those as soon as I get them :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad everything turned out okay! Sorry you missed out on a fun trip to Chicago though!
glad to hear you are feeling better. Hang in there!
Mere,
I've been thinking about you lots and can't wait for little boy to get here! I'm sure you're getting ready too! So sorry you didn't go to Chicago - I know you were all looking forward to that:( Glad to know everything is ok. I'm going to be up in GR for a whole week the end of August so we'll have to try and meet up before he arrives (or I can come help if he has!) Miss you - Natalie is so darling and growing up so much....her haircut is precious!
Al
Post a Comment