Friday, August 21, 2009

Fun at the Beach

Last weekend we were delighted to have some of our Chicago friends visit Michigan. We rented a cottage on the beach at Lake Michigan and had lots of fun catching up and chasing our kids all over the place. This was the first time I got to meet Graham, Chris and Lauren's latest addition. He is 5 months and beautiful. Of coarse, Natalie loved seeing her old buddies Addie and Austin again too! It was probably the nicest, HOTTEST summer weekend yet in Michigan...the cottage got a little toastie (aka- i thought i might be going into labor...nope...just heat overload!) but we kept cool in the lake. The guys even took shampoo and "showered" in it. HAHA. My sister and dad babysat all 4 kids (all 2yrs and under) Saturday night so the "grown ups" could get dinner in Grand Haven. We came home and I was surprised by an early b-day party all set up and waiting for me! MMM..sheet cake, ice cream, friends and a fire pit...doesn't get much better. Wes was a sweetie to think to fit something like that in before the baby comes! Here are just a few pics...
Austin and Natalie...always finding something "creative" to do!Train ride at the Penny FairBaby Graham. TOO CUTEWashing up after a long day at the beach!

As far as baby count down goes, only 12 days till my due date. In an effort to expedite his arrival, yesterday I went to the gym in the morning, walked 4 miles in the evening AND ate Mexican food...needless to say it didn't work. Oh well! I am a ticking time bomb and am doing a million errands and random tasks around the house not knowing if I will get a chance to to them again for a while. This week was my first not at work but, among other things, I managed to pack for myself, the baby and natalie (for d-day), go the dentist, go to the dentist AGAIN for a cavity filling (ooops), go the dr, get my hair done, clean out random nooks of our house and run endless annoying errands. May not sound too impressive but you should see me waddle around and then you might give me some credit. HAHA
Also finished up the nursery...I am posting some pics of the nursery on my other blog today too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a productive day meredith! hang in there ... baby k will be here in no time! :)

the deKorne family said...

Cute pictures! Glad you had a fun weekend with your friends. :) Can't wait to hear the news!