Sunday, March 13, 2011

18 Months!

Stratton is 18 months! Please don't be confused...yes, I originally posted that he was 18 months last month until I was kindly reminded by my good friend of his actual age. Ooops, what can I say...sometimes momma gets her head in a tizzy!
Anyway, Stratton you are in fact 18 months! Your daddy and I are often surprised by all the new skills you show us, new words you repeat or concepts that you grasp!

At your check up this week you were:
25 lbs 4 oz (45%)
33 in (70%)

Here are some of the things you are doing lately:
-Talking Talking Talking. You don't always make perfect sense but your clarity is improving. You try to communicate about everything. You say "uh huh" instead of yes, shake your head "no" instead of saying the word, ask for food by name and often point at each family member and speak their name. You can repeat (or at least attempt to repeat) almost any word we say for you. Obviously the easier words are the ones that come out clearly but you are willing to try to say quite a bit!
-Running around with your sister. You two play together all the time. It is a blast to watch.
-You still give lots of smiles and close your eyes and grin when we ask you to say "cheeeese" :)

-TRUCKS! You love trucks. You usually have a toy truck in your hand when we are riding in the car and point out real trucks on the road. At home I find you making "truck noises" and wheeling your toys all over the furniture. You can tell in your facial expressions in these pictures that you are saying "Vroooom!"

-You had a pretty bad cold a few weeks ago but seemed to be in the clear until I brought you to your "well baby" check this week and we discovered a double ear infection! Really?! You are sneaky, Stratton....I had no idea (neither did GiGi who took care of you the day before)! We started antibiotics and you have done well so far...It has been rough month for illness in our house this month. We are ready for fresh air!
-You love taking showers and baths.
-Strawberries are your number one pick this month
-You wear size 5 diapers
-You wear size 18-24 month clothes, but the pants are starting to get short on you :)
-You love dancing to music
-You still like Barney
-You are fine in nursery but still give a little cry when I drop you off and throw and absolute FIT if daddy tries to leave you
-You are walking downstairs frontward -holding on the the side rails---BIG BOY!
-You are a good mommy's helper...I take you on errands and you are usually happy as a clam riding in the stroller/cart for an hour or so... great for me!
-You are becoming a more adventurous swimmer...this month you have started jumping off the side of the pool and going underwater more.
-Like we always tell you, Stratton you are a precious little boy and we love you dearly.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

E said...

Love it! Stratton reminds me so much of Natalie!! So darling!