Stratton, you are 21 Months!
You continue to grow and show us more of your personality each day! Here are a few things you have been doing this past month:
You continue to grow and show us more of your personality each day! Here are a few things you have been doing this past month:
-Talking! You are definitely communicating better and using sentences to express yourself. Mommy, Daddy and Natalie can usually understand what you are saying :)
-Singing! You love music. Sometimes when we are in the car we ask you to sing us a song. Without hesitation you begin singing one of the many tunes you have memorized.
-Counting...Its certainly not perfect but you have really caught on to our counting games with your big sister. You do your best to count from one to ten!
-You have mastered walking DOWN stairs all by yourself.
-You continue to love playing with your sister. The two of you have disagreements and trouble sharing favorite toys from time to time but you both love each other dearly and make each other so happy!
-You like to snuggle. You are always up for a hug! In this picture (below), Natalie had fallen asleep on the couch. You climbed up right next to her and rubbed her back. AWWWW...So sweet!
-You are really loving the summer weather! You made your first visit to the beach for the summer and did a great job of playing in the cold water and walking on the bumpy sand.
-You have also been doing great at the pool. You generally listen when mommy warns you not to do something and always seem to "check" before going too far away or trying something that mommy might not like. I still watch you VERY carefully but you seem to know to obey the limits that I set for you in the water.-You love dirt and trucks.
-In the car you are a broken record of , "Mommy! [Look at the] ______" (Usually you want me to recognize a passing truck, bulldozer or dog!)
-We are holding you accountable to obeying mommy and daddy's rules. You go to "Time Out" when you don't listen which seems to work well for you. This past week you were hitting your sister. I told you that if you didn't stop you would be put in time out. I went along with chores around the house and a few minutes later noticed that you were sitting in the corner. You had put YOURSELF in time out! HA! It was so cute...I gave you a hug and told you that you were find to go play :) Similarly, the same day I asked you to lay down so I could change your diaper. Once again, I got distracted when I went to find your diaper and came back about 10 minutes later. You were laying on the floor right where I had asked you to lay down waiting patiently for me! Precious! Melts my heart!
-You wear size 24 months or 2T clothing
-You wear size 5 diapers
-You take one nap (usually an hour or hour and a half)
-You wake up with the sunshine (usually around 6am!)
-You try to use the potty from time to time (PS-I have NO expectation that you will be potty trained anytime soon but you do a great job of trying)
-Your favorite food right now is bagels. You scream "BAGEEEEL!!" in the morning when we ask what you might like to eat. I think you like to copy what your daddy is eating :)
Stratton, you have grown a lot in the past month. It is a joy to watch you become the special little boy that you are!

No comments:
Post a Comment