Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Winter Blast

 As soon as Halloween left, winter was upon us!!
I can't remember a snowier November but we discovered a snow hill right out our back door!
And with enough snow, our front door step became a launch pad as well...
The kids are so good in the snow and even Oliver at 2 years old handles all the gear and sledding like a champ
 DIY home projects continue...time is precious so I would paint the bathroom while the kids were bathing...Gotta keep an eye on those guys!!  I love my new Stonington Grey Bathroom ;)
 Thanksgiving was huge this year!  Rissy and Matt came home and we celebrated Marissa's birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas all in one weekend
What do you do with that awkward time after Thanksgiving lunch?  Have a human horse parade...
 Quinny and the cousins LOVED spending time together....These two are only 5 months apart
 Nap times like this are rare
 Natalie and Oliver were inspired by the Nutcracker to "dress up"...Natalie is wearing a dress from my childhood!
 Grandma judged the annual boys vs girls gingerbread competition.  There were some infrastructure issues I will admit, but I think the girls should have won...

 Natalie's reading and writing skills continue to develop ;)
 Oliver's antics during nap time are also flourishing
 We went to the Santa Parade in town! 

 I will honestly miss my days home with Strat...he asks things like "How do boats float?" and we end up having conversations, and in this case, doing experiments about density

We visited our first live nativity...really simple and sweet
Oliver's Face!!!
 The Nutcracker tradition continued this year.  My mom and I took both big kids...  
Stratton was allowed to join since he is now five years old!
 These boys are playing more and more every day and it is fun to watch.  Oliver snuck in Strat's room after tuck in time...
Oliver was ready for school...unfortunately Natalie was not ;)
The flu bug struck our house so on a down day I embarked on Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls...it is a PROCESS and Oliver was glad to help.  


No comments: