Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sleeping beauty & Updates



This is a picture I took on my phone weeks ago, but had forgotten to post for all of you to see! I thought that my sleeping baby would wake up from her car-ride nap when I put her in our grocery cart...I had clearly underestimated her fatigue because not only did she sleep through the entire grocery trip, but also through loading the car up (including her) at the store, unloading the car (including her) at home and putting her in her crib. I thought it was so sweet and funny too! I guess when you're tired you're tired....oh the joys of being 1 1/2!

In other news, I had a wonderful, spontaneous trip to Wheaton, IL with my mom this Saturday to surprise my little sister! She was excited to find us all ready to shop with her at Oakbrook for the day :) The three of us crashed together Saturday night and my mom and I left early Sunday morning. It was quick, but a really nice break. Wes did a wonderful job with Natalie and they did lots of playing together. He even did a little shopping for Natalie. Can you believe the shoe people are measuring her at needing a size 7 shoe these days? I can hardly stomach it but I guess her current size 6's are too small! We are doing wardroom overhaul because she is growing like a weed. And eating just about everything in the wake of her current growth spurt. For example...Lunch today (served by Wes):
-3 Pickles
-One half PB & J
-2 containers apple sauce
-Sun chips
-Half an apple

If you are curious about our potty training journey, here's the status: our bathroom looks like Elmo and Minnie Mouse threw up all over it..haha..there are posters and pictures of these little characters everywhere and Natalie has a special stool and potty seat that goes over the regular size toilet. Whenever Natalie tells us she is going to go potty in her diaper we as her if she would like to use the potty. Sometimes she simply says "No" and we say okay and continue on...but many times she will say "OK!" and run to the bathroom. So far she has sat on the potty quite a bit...we read stories to her until she says "All done." Then we tell her "good try!" So far we have just had "good tries" but hopefully there will be a major celebration soon! We are really trying to stay low key and keep it fun. She watches her Elmo potty video all the time which I am sure is helping to keep her interested!

Well, that is what has been going on in our lives (at least with Natalie!) for the past few weeks. Just thought I would write a quick update while I had a minute!

2 comments:

E said...

Mere, this could be the sweetest pic I have ever seen! how sweet!

The Palmtag Family said...

Understand how you feel about the growing way to quickly. Max is still a week away from 17 months and has been wearing size 7 shoes for the past 2 months! We definitely have some growers!