Friday, October 16, 2009

Play Dough & Cupcakes

Ava and Natalie playing play dough...Here is the recipe for a great home-made play dough!
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 T Alum (in spices)
1 T vegetable oil
1 cup water

Combine all in sauce pain and bring to a boil, then let cool...you may add food coloring to the mix before it boils for color (my mix came out a bit soupy so I just added a bit more flour and it worked great :) ) Keep sealed in rubbermaid-type container to keep fresh.
This play dough is an awesome consistency, is non toxic and lasts for weeks!

After play dough and dinner, the girls enjoyed some cupcakes
HAHA-Clearly different methods of eating (Natalie is trying to shove the whole cupcake in her mouth...Ava is carefully licking just the frosting off!)
But the result was the same...
SMILES :) :)





1 comment:

the deKorne family said...

That is SUCH a cute post! I love that your little girl looks so lady like and mine looks like a dog. :) I guess we have some work to do. I will tell myself she just didn't want to get her hands dirty. Thanks again for the play date!