My little sister Marissa got married to Matt this weekend! The entire event couldn't have been any better. Marissa's girlfriends came into town on Thursday :) so there was some down time to just relax and have fun before the big day on Saturday. We had a fun bachelorette party on Thursday night, a girl's day at my parent's house on Friday and then a great rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at Rockwell's in Grand Rapids- whew! After dinner, there was dessert and drinks downtown for family and friends so there was even more time to get re-acquainted with people and chat...what a fabulous idea! Matt's family did a great job of planning the night and gave such beautiful toasts at the dinner. They had many of us in tears!Saturday was the big wedding day! Marissa looked gorgeous. Her hair, perfect dress, makeup...everything. The girls had a huge, beautiful room where we got ready which made the afternoon really special too. Marissa chose fabulous dresses for us to wear-which was a plus! Natalie was a flower girl with Tessa, who is the daughter of Marissa's friend Mary. Natalie's MiMi and Mary did such a great job of helping entertain the girls and getting them down the isle and cared for during the ceremony. THANK YOU! Wes and I were in the wedding party and really couldn't have done it without you! Natalie's MiMi literally had smarties in her hand at the front of the church- I tell you, Nat will do anything for a taste of candy :) The wedding ceremony was such a wonderful time. Matt was so sweet- and his tears brought on the waterworks in many of us standing around him! "Man and Wife" were announced and the party began! The reception was sooo beautiful and we ate and danced the night away (Wes even got out there! Whoo hoo). So much of our extended family was there which was so special because we don't see each other enough. I was so sorry to see the night end because this entire weekend was SUCH a delight. The few pictures that I snapped do not to anything justice but until we get the real thing (like the picture up top!) they will have to do. Riss and Matt are off on their tropical vacation and we do really miss them already. I am so happy for my little sister but I have to admit that it is kind of hard to see her grow up..sniff sniff. But really, I am so thankful that she is so happy and living such a full and wonderful life! Plus now I have a brother in law! (love ya, Matt!) :) Here's a peek into the past few days....
And the sweetest flower girls I have ever seen...
2 comments:
SO beautiful! Glad things went so perfectly...and Natalie looked perfect! You guys are ALL picture perfect. I hope we look like you when we grow up. :)
congrats on gaining a brother! beautiful pics!
Post a Comment