How was your Christmas?! We had some nice family time and enjoyed experiencing all the excitement through the eyes of a toddler- Natalie had a blast! It brought us such joy to watch her! We did white elephant gifts (real ones for the kiddos), had a gingerbread house decorating contest and spent good, quality time together.
This year my mom gave each of us a BRIGHT GREEN stuffed FROG! It is cute and everything by the meaning of the gift is what the frog represents....F.R.O.G.....Forever Relying On God. The idea came from a man at my parent's church who got very sick unexpectedly...a friend dropped off a stuffed frog at the hospital and shared this great thought to encourage the man who was ill and his wife.
Forever relying on God....Recently God had been teaching me to do that more than ever. It doesn't always come naturally but He is reminding me that each day it is HIS plan, HIS strength, HIS love, HIS goodness that I can count on and need to wrap my life, attitude, heart, and actions around. I was glad to get that great reminder from my mom's stuffed frog! :) So if you come over to our place and see a bunch furry amphibians hanging around you will know that they we aren't taking on a rainforest decorating theme....just giving ourselves a constant reminder to let go and give it all to the Lord!
Psalm 121:2
My help comes from the Lord, who made the heavens and the earth! He will not let you stumble and fall, the one who watches over you will not sleep.
Isaiah 40:28-31
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
3 comments:
Hi Meredith...You don't know me, but I went to Taylor and visit your blog from time to time. I just had to tell you that you have the most BEAUTIFUL family. Happy New Year! :) Ali Moser
You are SUCH a great example of that!! Seriously, feel like I have learned watching you. Can't wait to see what God has in store for you guys and your rainforest themed house. Ava has a nice setting on her sound machine I'd be willing to loan you... :) miss you!
Thanks for the encouragement Mer! I can so relate to relying on God. I know it is all worth it - His plan - but sometimes it is a difficult process to endure but with furry amphibians around to cuddle with it should be much easier now!
Post a Comment