Sunday, August 14, 2011

Well, That Was a Fun Week (End)!

Last week we got to visit with some great friends.  Ava joined us for a special "friendship" day at the lake :) We miss her (and her family!) dearly but were delighted to spend some time together. 
We tried to bottle up all the giggles, smiles and wiggles until the next time...
Together at last!!!
I wish I could insert the car ride's sound effects here....you get the idea ;)
PURE joy :)
Hot dog picnic
A rousing game of ring around the rosie!
(Stratton, I'm sorry but you wanted to be like the big girls and Ava was nice enough to loan you her tu tu bathing suit...we switched you back to your big boy swim trunks promptly when the game was done :) )
I thought the "teamwork" of getting all cleaned up in this picture was pretty cute
All smiles!
-------
Then the grown ups were off to celebrate Brittany and Reid's wedding!
It was a wonderful wedding weekend for a wonderful couple.
Reid, Kent and Wes
Wes and I enjoyed our weekend away
The Newlyweds...Mr and Mrs Straith!
And did I mention that we had lots of family and friends to dance the night away with? (Shout out to Mark and Greg...You guys know how to DJ)
It is a special thing to catch up with old friends and celebrate new beginnings!

3 comments:

the ferwerda family said...

I have the cutest friends....you all looked beautiful...loved your dress, mere!

the deKorne family said...

Oh this post made me smile, for several reasons-including, but not limited to-underwear, and the color mocha. I love you and feel so blessed to have gotten bonus time together!

Dave, Ninny and Isla said...

I love the pics of Ava and Natalie. Truly as elated to see each other as you and Heidi were I'm sure. Loved hanging out with you at the wedding. Your laugh is contagious.