The first being that Brynn (my bff from 6th grade!) was in town to begin planning her WEDDING! Yea!
Here are some of my oldest friends at Brynn and John's engagement party (sorry John, we love you too but didn't snap a pic with you and the bride...ooops...trust me, they are a beautiful couple). So excited for you two.
Then off to soccer....I realize I have been including soccer in almost every post lately but this week is worth noting.
Natalie played in the game (a breakthrough)!
Stratton enjoying the view from daddy's shoulders and the team treat (yes, that is a Twinkie and yes, it was our week to supply the snack). Wes stands by his "All American" snack choice. Our kids didn't complain! I love my husband and the look of pure enjoyment on Stratton's face in this pic.
Saturday was also packet pick up/running expo day for the GR Half/Full Marathon. My mom and I went to get our gear and Stratton went to get a massage...haha. Seriously though, Stratton totally climbed up on the chiropractor's chair and almost fell asleep during his back rub. Strangers were taking pictures with their phones. I had to peel Strat off the chair. Too cute. He clearly enjoys the finer things in life ;)
Why were we running the half marathon?
To support our friends!
It was a blast to train with new and old friends for this race and an honor to run to support my friend and her girls! (http://www.taatjesrunners.org/)
Wes and the kids surprised us by cheering us on at THREE different locations along the race trail!
Very impressive and a total highlight!
Mom (GiGi), you deserve this sign...She had a personal best race finish time!
(Wes was inspired by LMFAO's latest hit when he made my sign- we're hip like that- hahaha)
Race day was packed and my mom and I got separated from the gang at the beginning of the race :( But at least I was able to join them for the last bit of the race! Fun to finish with the team!

I spent the rest of Sunday laying on the couch :) All worth it though.
It was a special weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment