Saturday, December 3, 2011

It won't be the same.

Chicago just won't be the same. 
For the first time in almost 12 years neither me or my sister will have a nest in the Chicagoland area.  
We decided to meet up for a girls trip on the last weekend that Riss was planted in Chi-town.

Stay downtown?  Nope.  We opted for old faithful...Oakbrook, that is.
Mom set up a coffee bar (are we spoiled or what?!)
 Style inspiration
 We shopped till we could shop no more
 Funny how a town and a shopping center can hold SO MANY memories.  For example, I remember eating at Antico Posto with my college roomies 2 nights before delivering Natalie 4 years ago.  Or going to The Clubhouse restaurant NONSTOP with Wes when we first started dating, or fall shopping trips to Nordstrom, or Matt schooling all the other servers at CPK...the list goes on and on...
Chicago will keep ticking but to us it won't feel quite the same.  We will still visit, but will surely miss the feeling that we had one foot planted there.
Rissy and Matt, we will miss you but are so excited for your new adventure!
Thanks for a great weekend Mom and Riss...LOVE YOU! 

3 comments:

Marissa said...

this is such a sad post...I admit, I am having a little bit of an identity crisis without Chicago. That was a great weekend. Thanks again for making the trip. I love you!

the ferwerda family said...

I remember that dinner at Antico Posto like it was yesterday! Such fun times - Love our memories together in Chicago too - we can always stay at Nan and Ron's and do some Oakbrooking together:)

katie said...

I was there too!! You were crazy pregnant and Paige was just a teeny tiny! Miss you girls...hope things are going well up in Michigan...definitely come to Chicago so I can go Oakbrooking with you!! BTW love that Oakbrooking is now a verb!