Some of you may have known that during this pregnancy I have had a little hiccup with the way this baby's placenta was growing...The baby is just perfect but I was on a sort of modified bed rest and anticipating some potential complications and early delivery.
Two weeks ago I had my 28 week check up which started an ultrasound. My mom went with me to be a second set of ears. I was ready to start injections which would help baby boy's lungs develop faster to help in the case that he came sooner than later.
Two weeks ago I had my 28 week check up which started an ultrasound. My mom went with me to be a second set of ears. I was ready to start injections which would help baby boy's lungs develop faster to help in the case that he came sooner than later.
I was eager to go the the appointment to get an update but wasn't expecting the update that I received...
The ultrasound (this snapshot is a profile of the baby) was first and the results left me with a grin from EAR to EAR and my mom fist pumping with joy in the corner of the room.
TOTAL healing!
I was overjoyed and shocked and thankful and relieved.
The doctor was surprised and told me what good news this was for me and the baby.
I left my appointment and took the kids to the park where I gave them underdogs and picked them up for the first time in 2 months (they loved it)...Then I went home and lugged the garbage can down the driveway and vacuumed the house without feeling guilty
...and then we packed for the beach...where I took a looong walk
I am just so thankful for this miracle that God has given us. As my friend Heidi reminded me, God would (and will) take care of me and baby boy no matter what (amen) but I am oh so thankful for this blessing of joy that is a total GIFT.
So on to the fun we had at the beach...
We got to hang out a lot with our amazing cousin Kristin...who is a stylist and cut the kids hair for me (Thanks, Kris!)
Did I mention that my kids are obsessed with Kristin (I mean, who wouldn't be?!)? But really, Stratton would only hold Kristin's hand when we crossed the street, squirted HER with his water gun at the beach and gave her a big smooch goodbye. Natalie let me know that she would prefer Kristin as her babysitter from now on ;)
After a day and a half at the beach. These kids were spent. I took this picture at 4:59pm and Stratton slept until 5:30am the next morning :)
Wes and I got to go to a nice work event this week which meant we got all dressed up
And the blow up pool and hose have never been so much fun on hot days here in town...I just love this picture :)
We are praising the Lord for his many blessings and for our special miracle. We are thankful for those that prayed.
I don't know the future, the challenges or even that the rest of this pregnancy will be okay but we are giving God our hopes, fears, uncertainties and trusting him with our futures because we KNOW that He is good.
I don't know the future, the challenges or even that the rest of this pregnancy will be okay but we are giving God our hopes, fears, uncertainties and trusting him with our futures because we KNOW that He is good.

6 comments:
So happy for you and your good news!! Hope the rest of your pregnancy is stress free. :)
This is great news!!!! Praying for you and love you lots! Rachel
what wonderful news meredith! here's to a happy and healthy baby boy! :)
Praise God! Thanks for sharing news of your gift and reminder to trust Him no matter the circumstance but celebrate when it's health & healing :)
God is good. I know you must have been elated at that ultrasound:)
Awesome news!! Excited about this little boy for your family!!!
Post a Comment