Saturday, March 2, 2013

Valentines and Winter Days...

We have been in the trenches of winter around here lately...but the good news is spring is on the way!
We have kept ourselves busy inside...wowzas
The kids got to create a Valentine's gift for the person of their choice at a local pottery place...Stratton decided on a rainbow mug for daddy and Natalie opted for a purple mug for MiMi.  The kids painted independently and diligently for about an hour!  You can tell by the pursed lips that they were all business.
Snowy days have been the norm around here.  It hasn't been unusual to wake up to 5 new inches of snow.
It might keep us inside but the view is beautiful.
Sunday afternoon naps and coffee stops.  Strat appreciates the real thing...just like his daddy!
Smiles from Oliver
And then it was....Valentines Day!!!  I worked late that day so Wes and I celebrated over a cozy dinner out the next week, but the morning of the 14th was all about the kiddos...they LOVE a reason to party!
Pink heart pancakes to start the day.
The kids had made "Thumb-body loves you" cards for everyone :)...Thank you pinterest
All smiles at breakfast. 
Wes always has a special present and card waiting on the counter for the kids on Valentine's Day morning.  My dad did the same thing for us and it is an awesome memory and tradition!
Natalie has been working on upper and lower case letters at school...She asked me to write out the words, "God died on the cross for us"....I wrote the sentence out on a sheet of paper and she came back a few minutes later with this....Priceless.  I love how she is starting to understand our need for the Lord and what a gift salvation is...a true blessing.
Oliver and I hanging out in the Moby...he is huge so this was a special occasion for both of us ;)
GiGi was out of town so PaPa came over for a chaotic pizza night...It all ended well
My babies!!
And just because these pictures never get old...
February...you have been a cold, snowy, busy, cuddly, sneezy month...We had fun but are excited for March!

1 comment:

the deKorne family said...

I love these pictures! Especially the one where Natalie's room isn't clean. :) I feel so much better! :) Stratton sleeping pictures may be one of my favorite things in life and that sweet card of Natalies made me misty. Also-Oliver is so beautiful...which is not shocking in this line up of perfect looking people. :) Love all of you and seeing these snapshots of your life-which I kind of feel like I'm missing. :) xoxo